Thursday, December 24, 2009

day 5?

its christmas eve and right now i can tell you that im sure that tommorow will be another day. to boost up my x-mas spirit i took a cup of coffee and put candy canes in it. its not starbucks but for now i guess it will do.

last night i had a 12 hour shift watching a phone. i rang maybe twice the whole time. i guess there must be a problem in the army if the soldier has too much free time to call family. he must do tasks like look at a wall for long periods of time. i dont know ill look it up in the regulaions.

this morning as i made my way to the USO i took some pictures of the cement barracades painted by army units that had been in kuwait before iraq. i found two Massachusetts national guard ones. (as soon as i get better internet i promise to have them up).

then in the USO i spent my time reading christmas cards for elementary school kids thanking us for what we do. So little timmy if your reading this, i like turkey too and not its not that hot out yet. i will try to write to you as soon as i find out your address.

its been boring here so far but soon enough i will be in iraq. i swear i will see blood. hopefully not my own and maybe a camel.

also ive read one book so far and need ideas on another book so if anyone has an idea for one let me know.

later days

3 comments:

  1. Out of all that only thing that shocks me is... You can read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas eve buddy. I really like the blog. Your thoughts get my mind turning. Forgive the breif message I am on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Craig! I love this blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete